There you are, with your brand spankin’ new Facebook page about your pet blog, the trick is now to get people to stop playing Farmville long enough to notice. 😀
Their 14 ways to boost visibility and attract shares are a varied lot:
1. I post more than 5 times a week, but there’s no guarantee anyone is reading if I get no feedback.
2. Does what time I post play a role in attracting more shares? I post when I get a chance, not just the same time every day so can’t really say without feedback.
3. Would photos attract more sharing? Hey, Elvira! Come over here, I need you to lay in your patented “sexy” pose, with your food bowl!
4. Would treating your status updates as you do Twitter, and do maybe just 3 lines of text (150 characters) matter?
5. Writing something relevant to your audience might bring more likes and shares, but it still comes down to getting feedback to know.
6. Your fans like what you do so staying true to your brand makes sense if you know what your brand is and how to promote it on Facebook. Something I am still learning how best to do.
7. When it comes to asking readers to share and like how much asking is too much? With asking for comments I have no problem asking when I feel appropriate as I want feedback and am trying to engage readers in discussions of a subject.
8. Not having tried contests and surveys, but having seen others do so, I know the participation level can vary widely.
10. Before posting consider whether readers will find something useful, interesting, or entertaining. As a blogger I like to thing every post meets that standard, and when it comes to posting links to content from elsewhere I try to post things I feel worthy of sharing.
11. “Entertaining” is my middle name…and that of each of my cats, too!
12. Did I mention that we each have TWO middle names? It is “Educational”. 😀
13. Are you a list maker? Do you check it twice? Lists may attract readers who would want to share them.
14. Being seasonable is no problem; I’ve written poems with the themes based on the subjects I blog about quite often, especially during the Christmas season.
With a little time, effort and patience, these ideas may help attract an audience
My other 2 blogs: